Latest News

Praying Together From Across The Ocean


Sometimes I will be talking to someone on Facebook, or a friend in Private Audio Message, and we hear of some that have asked for prayer, and we just join hearts and pray together.  I have done this many times with many friends.  
Prayer is as source of strength, beautiful, and powerful, and mysterious to some, simply because they don’t read what Jesus tells us about the power of prayer.

I don't think we are able to fully comprehend it's power and how it can literally change us and our lives. Prayer connects us to our Heavenly Father through the Holy Spirit. And in the name of Jesus our petitions are brought before God as a sweet smell.

Early this morning I was corresponding with a dear friend I have never met, most of the time I forget we have never seen one another, I have not looked into his face nor seen his expression as we talk, I would not recognize his voice. We have prayed together. And for one another, even an ocean cannot separate our words from reaching His ears.  His family needed prayers and I had a prayer request that has been on my heart for a few years now, and would love to see the answer come tomorrow, it being Thanksgiving, so we joined in heart with Jesus, and we prayed, knowing God hears our prayer.

And I wonder? Do you think the Holy Spirit joins us all together through our prayers? When you were a child did you ever cut out a stack of hearts? You know, the ones that you didn't cut all the way through, you left a section of paper uncut, and when you opened them up, there before you was a beautiful surprise, a string of hearts.

Separate, yet alike. Connected as one. This morning that is how I envision prayer. A string of prayers, separate, yet in agreement. Connecting us all together as one. A sweet smell rising to heaven above.

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray, but the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings, which cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts,knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will." 
Romans 8:26-27 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Door Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by andynwt. Powered by Blogger.